Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things my eyes have seen and my ears have heard...

This has been an extremely long week for several different reasons which I will not name here but it has been long!!!! There are some very funny moments I have experienced this week so I thought I would share a few of those...

1. Bachelor Monday nights... 8 girls over and it's like we're watching Monday Night Football... so fun and the comments that are given are hilarious but I have to say that my favorite comment comes from my sis, on a weekly basis, back in Georgia... saying, "I can't believe you guys got me addicted to this crap!"
2. I am having a hearing problem in class this week apparently because I cannot understand what these kids are saying... we were talking about exports in South American countries... D raises his hand and answers and I say, "Tobacco yes," and the whole class laughs and says, "No, he asked to go to the bathroom." My bad!
3. Wednesday, I am selling tickets for the basketball game and they are playing music for the boys halftime. They begin to play "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift and every kid in the gym sings the entire thing, including this boy on the other team who looks like he's probably beat up a few kids... oh my gosh, I was dying.
4. When going over our warm-up Friday morning about the West Indies, there was a question about U.S. dependencies there. There are two of them: Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands... so of course S (being the commentator that he is) raises his hand and says, "Are there only virgins that live in the Virgin Islands?" Reasons I want to smack kids sometimes? That would be one of them... wow.

Good, amazing moments of the week...
1. G finally returned on Friday after a week of trouble and I was glad to see his precious face.
2. J did his work in 3rd period, can't believe it and I didn't even have to beg him to do so!
3. Sunshine/Queen Bee actually did her work in 3rd period too! I think this class is experiencing a makeover!
4. R had his LVA audition on Saturday which he was very nervous about but I'm sure he did wonderful and is also asking questions to Keisha about church and things of that nature!
5. Zak came to visit... I miss my adopted son... still calls me mom... and I just love him to death!
6. Spent time with friends on Friday night and we went to see "When in Rome"... so cute!
7. Got to hang out with Michaela Friday and Saturday night... it's been so long! and I saw little Lizzie... Shannon and Kevin's baby girl... she's adorable!
8. Talked to the one and only Micah... it's funny how hearts change but people really are genuinely the same. It is always refreshing to talk to him!
9. MattieO brought $80.00 this week for Pennies for Patients... what a hero... that whole class loves him, that's for sure!

I think that is all so it has been a better week than I imagined... now onto catching up for being gone a week and grading and such things! Should be fun, right? Happy Sunday!
-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment