Saturday, January 9, 2010

Everything's Changing

"We emphasize that we believe in change because we were born of it, we have lived by it, we prospered and grew great by it. So the status quo has never been our god, and we ask no one else to bow down before it." -Carl T. Rowan

Each new year brings about change. Over time, things change, we change, and we attempt to go on, to move on to bring about more change because we, like the quote above hate to stay in one place. We complain that we do not like change, when in reality, if everything always stayed the same, we would be so upset. I loved the quote I found above today because we are all products of change as well as agents of change. We came from change and we have the power to change. We do not have to live by the status quo in order to succeed and in fact, if we live by the status quo, we will not be successful. If I had wanted everything to stay the same in teaching, I would not have been given the job. I must move forward, I must go ahead and everything in ME should halt and bow down to the fact that change is part of life. Sticking to the status quo would make me even more unhappy than I sometimes am. I have to change, I have to move, I have to get up and brush off the pity party and go. I have to move forward, I have to change. May you remember today that you have the opportunity to be the agent, the person, the initiator of change, make it positive! -Melis

"Christians are supposed not merely to endure change, nor even to profit by it, but to cause it." -Harry Emerson Fosdick

1 comment:

  1. "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."-Unknown

    ReplyDelete