Monday, January 18, 2010

Why I Want To Be Like Him...

Let me preface this by saying, I do want to be like Jesus more than anything but there are also other people in my life who have made a huge difference in my life and one of those people is my Poppa. I got a call this morning from my Mom saying that Poppa passed away. It just doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem like it could really happen. I just saw him a few weeks ago and he was a little bit sick but he was happy and never took anyone's spotlight. So because I always make list, here it is as to why I want to be like Poppa.
1. He never EVER stopped smiling.
2. He always gave a hand to those who needed it.
3. Every little girl at church adored him because they knew he was the one who always had good gum with him.
4. He never complained and had more patience than any person I know.
5. He was a hard worker and always was there to help.
6. He loved my family like no one else and never showed or said otherwise.
7. He loved card games and puzzles and people.
8. He sometimes would call just to call and everyone knew him as Poppa.

He will be greatly missed and he is greatly loved more than he could even know or understand. Make sure you tell those you love that you actually do... you never know unfortunately.
Love, Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment