Thursday, January 14, 2010

What if...

I have asked myself a lot of "What if" questions today and even over this past year so I thought I would list those below.... just think...

What if.... I faced my fears and told him that I liked him? Would it have changed anything? What if I was brave? What if I learned how to fly after walking and running? What if I didn't learn, what if I just tried? What if I left? What would people do without me? How would it be different? What if I just was honest? What if I became a pessimist and not so much of an optimist? What if I stopped being a realist? What if I trusted my heart more? What if I trusted God more? How would my life be different? What if I embraced my insecurities and made them securities? What if I was okay with just being me? What if I wasn't ever lonely? What if I fed the homeless, even though he looked extremely dirty and smelled like alcohol? What if I gave him money? What if he spent it on drugs? What if I trusted him enough to use it for something that he actually needed? What if I trusted? What if I was married and had kids already? What if I wasn't married and did foster care without a husband? What is wrong with either scenario? What happened to me? What if I lived at school? What if I got a Master's degree? What if I moved back to Georgia? What if I didn't like the school as much? What if I didn't like my kids as much? What if I helped a kid and changed their life? What if I stopped worrying and stressing over the small things and I started over and I decided it is okay to be me, it's okay to think, it's okay to worry sometimes and other times it's okay to face my fears, fight my insecurities, and trust the God who loves me? What if you did the same? How would you change?
-Melis

1 comment:

  1. What if....I just read this, and got chills. Well, I did, and now....I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete