Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Craziness I Call a Classroom

I have one more day of "teacher time" at school, which is quite honestly a little boring seeing that I normally have at least 6 hours of entertainment a day from 14 year olds. They are absolutely hilarious. I feel like I must not stop laughing, unless they do something really ridiculous, which also happens. So I thought for their sake, I might just write a few things that have happened this year down. There are definitely more things to come.

Field Day was last Monday and I have to say that I think I was more excited than most of my kids. My 4th period and I had quite the competition going. There were some threats and promises made about who was getting who and I just let them know that if I got wet with water that "revenge would be sweet." Oh it was, especially for D. He loves to drive me crazy and he must have poured bottles of water on me all day long. After lunch, I had filled up a bottle of water which another student grabbed before I got to D and poured on me. (I'm not really sure why I thought this was a good idea.) So I gathered a few, I mean about 15 girls, that he has tramatized all year long and we all filled up water bottles. We must have chased him up and down the stairs until we backed him into a corner. One of the girls just held him for about 30 seconds while the rest of us poured water all over him. So D and I were equally soaked, what glory.

My 1st period had quite the personality. O made this personality at the beginning of the year with threatening to cut people, jokingly taking the scissors off my desk. It was actually quite hilarious if you are familiar with Bon Qui Qui, which I am huge fan of. He was our class Bon Qui Qui and when 2nd semester started and we were making citations, they decided that we should definitely add "cutting" as a reason to be cited. When another teacher or class asked one of the students, it was as if it was a secret that no one else could know.

I had the best Drama Club in the entire world, and that is not being dramatic. They worked so hard to do well at our play which was basically what they called the 'ghetto' version of Cinderella. Obviously I am not very ghetto so they modified where it was needed. It was so funny watching their parts become them. I had most of the kids in my classes or in Student Council and instead of them becoming their parts, they made their parts fit them. They were amazing, if I must say so myself and I so enjoyed working with them.

So to my kids who are reading this... I will be posting more things from the year, if you want to remind me of a memory, comment or send me an e-mail! Happy Saturday or the 30 minutes left of it.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon Miss! Are you just now realizing how insanely crazy 8th graders can be?

    ReplyDelete