Wednesday, June 10, 2009

5 Rants of the Day

The following are things on my mind: (in no specific order or anything)

1. I love rap music... and would listen to it more if it were a little bit cleaner, I can even handle the profanity but it's just all the other stuff that kills me. Give me a break... let's make it a little more positive. There are only a billion 13 year olds that listen to it. And I speak from experience of my BET days when I was 13 and I thought everything I listened to was good and wholesome. Welcome to 11, almost 12, years later when everything becomes a little clearer.

2. Found out today that I have a house... yay and it has a pool. I'm excited and I will be moving this weekend. It's not next to my school but much closer than now.

3. Messes... my life is full of them and it is currently my project of pictures from this school year. I thought I would sit down and be finished quickly but now it's just a mess in my floor that I should be cleaning... obviously.

4. Today I went to see the refugees. I went with Lindsey and I worked with refugees from the Congo and Uganda. The refugees from the Congo were 4 little girls who live with their mom. Their father was killed in the war in the Congo. The girls were beautiful and were so precious as we taught them Bible stories and English words. They are so eager to be able to understand!

5. Pictures and things... I have a ridiculous amount of pictures and things in my mess to make my big picture from 2 of my students-- Robert and Bruno. They were hilarious and knew that they could get out of trouble if they made me laugh... they were crazy as the picture will illustrate.

More rants to come- Melis






No comments:

Post a Comment