Monday, November 23, 2009

25...

So I turned the big 2-5 on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day so I thought I would make a list to commemorate the day of things I've learned, loved, and am thankful for!


1. I have learned forgiveness is key.
2. I have learned that I have to love, whether I feel like it or not.
3. I have learned that it is better to let it go, when I feel like I need to hold on.
4. I have loved so many 13 and 14 year olds that my little heart just can't let go.
5. I am thankful for a job that I love.
6. I am thankful for good days that outweigh the bad.
7. I am thankful for students that care.
8. I have the greatest family in the entire world, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased.
9. My grandmother is crazy and she hopes that one day I'll be like her, I'm just not so sure.
10. I love the sigh I get everytime someone asks me what I do and I tell them I teach 8th grade.
11. I love having roommates and would hate to live by myself.
12. I love crafts and scrapbooks and decorating for Christmas.
13. I am so thankful for old students who visit and brighten my days.
14. I have learned that I must let people start over... otherwise why should I have another chance??
15. I have learned that it is not my job to tell everyone what I think of them.
16. I have also learned that honesty is key when asked.
17. I have learned that integrity is one of the most important qualities of a person.
18. I love sunshine, flip flops, t-shirts, beaches and summer time.
19. I am thankful for people who will bring me back down to earth, and thankful for a mom who listens to me rant and rave about ridiculous, annoying things.
20. I love travel and Africa and people and children are therapy to me.
21. I love people who have hearts for places besides here but also who know their calling.
22. I'm thankful for college roommates who still just crack me up and make me feel like I'm sitting on our dramatic couch.
23. I am thankful for a God who loves me despite me.
24. I am thankful to be 25 and still feel 13 and look 18.
25. I have learned that it is best to love, even if it hurts and it doesn't feel like it's worth it. It is.

All the best-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment