Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Winds of COLD

Winter is possibly the worst season... I am not a fan of the cold. I would rather wear t-shirts, tank tops, flip flops and shorts than bundle up deciding how many layers I should wear dependent upon where I'm going. It's honestly just unneccessary. Also, with every cold season comes nice refreshing cold for my face and sinuses, with sneezing, uneasy breathing, and watery eyes. Yesterday, one of my kids commented that I must have been crying a lot because my eyes were so red and when I tried to tell her that I was sick, she was very convinced otherwise. And today, I got made fun of repeatedly because I sound like I'm holding my nose while talking but I'm not and I'm eating so slow because I'm concentrating so hard on chewing, swallowing, and breathing all at the same time! It's kinda crazy.

However, with the winds of cold, good things are destined to take place. My birthday is in a week(ish) and I turn 25. It's on Thanksgiving so not only do I get to celebrate, I get to eat a lot! I am going home next week for Thanksgiving break. My sister graduates college in a few weeks and I am so proud of her! (She also got into the grad program that she had hoped for...Yay!) I get to spend a couple of weeks at home for Christmas and get to spend time with my family for all of the upcoming holidays! (Hopefully I won't be sick by then.) In other news, 2 of the girls that have been going to church with me are probably going to get baptized this weekend which is really cool because I am connected with them through school and have had a great time getting to be a part of their family. I also have had more conversations about me being a Christian than at almost any other point in my life. One of my 4th period boys has become my walking advertisement about it which is actually quite hysterical. And I have great relationships with so many of my kids! I have received some of the sweetest letters for American Education Week and am so excited about the ones I'll get on Friday. (I'll try to post some quotes here for your entertainment.) And last but definitely not least, God is using things in my life to make me more dependent on Him, even when I don't like it and He's giving me more opportunities to reflect Him than I remember from before. I am so thankful to serve a God who loves me beyond compare and allows me to serve Him despite my ever so many flaws!

However, the night is not so young at this point and this girl needs some sleep so I'm out! Have a great week before Thanksgiving and go ahead and give thanks for someONE this week!

Love, Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment