Thursday, November 19, 2009

Free

I was reading in my journal from the fall semester of my senior year of college last night and found some interesting things. At the end of November, I begged God to do so much in me. I was extremely challenged to hear a missionary from Haiti speak and it began a quick habit to write a lot of poetic like things. So for the next few posts, I will just share those. Know they are straight from my heart and things that when I read, I began to pray as if they were completely new insights to me. Enjoy! -Melis

11.28.06
My day started slow with a
million things to do.
I woke up with a hundred
things running through my mind.
What do I do first?
How do I decide?
The enemy continues to throw up
blocks to try and persuade me
to choose Him.
"Pick me," he cries out, but
I will not and can not.
The enemy- He has no
hold on me.
My Lord-He does not delay.
He gives constant freedom.
I lack no good thing in Him,
He satisfies me in every way.
I have no longing to fulfill the
hole in my heart with the
"To Do" list the enemy gives.
I refuse to let Him win,
I will not step away from the
Solid Rock the Lord has planted me on.
My Jesus screams victory and puts
a crown on my head that only
shines His name as I continue
to walk forward so that more
people are pointed to Christ, one
more daughter knows she is loved,
one more son takes His place as
warrior-because my God- all
things are undre His feet- and
He has set me apart for His
works, not to be a slave of sin.
I will walk in triumph,
I have been set free.

1 comment:

  1. Ms.Gillespie! :D
    Its Megan.I made this blogspot thing just to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!&happy thanksgiving :)
    Im gonna write a blog about you.

    ReplyDelete