Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things That Make My Job Worth It...

No need to explain. I'm a teacher and most of you know that so here goes.

1. Students celebrating my birthday as if it's the only one I'll have for a few years... balloons, posters, cards, flowers, chocolate, cake, chocolate, singing, it was wonderful.
2. To sit at a computer with J while he tells me the reason that Rosa Parks made an impact on the people around her and how he can make a difference because of what he knows about her.
3. How many students are interested in how Jesus impacted the planet and people.
4. Days that students apologize for what they did and actually mean it and do something about it.
5. Parents who care enough to send flowers with their kids to say thank you to me for what I do.
6. Notes of encouragement telling me the reason that I influence students.
7. J (different than number 2) sitting next to my desk declaring himself my student aide and beginning to be a change. This J also is a Christian who has for some reason decided it is part of his job to tell other people that I am one too.
8. B- she wants to make a difference in the world and she actually does it and I admire that about her.
9. Bruno, one of my students from last year, who visited the other day and just hung out for a while... it's so nice to catch up.
10. Students who realize they are leaders and have confidence enough to do something about it.
11. Good evaluations that tell me I'm doing what I'm supposed to and rewards for good lesson plans, etc.
12. Faces that they make to make me laugh when I am not feeling so good... because we know for sure it happens and they are hilarious when it does.
13. Just them.. when they think about someone else, do something nice for someone, take up for someone, and have my back... it just helps my day be better!

What makes what you do worth it? Just think about it!
-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment