Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ode to Christmas Traditions

If your family is any kind of crazy like mine, you have Christmas traditions, maybe normal, maybe not so much but the list of the day of course is about Christmas traditions. We don't have that many, but I think they make for a list.
1. Tris and I exchange gifts on Christmas Eve, except this year, she told me I can't have all of it on Christmas Eve, what the what.
2. Chocolate pie for dessert at Gammy's.
3. Cole sticking his finger in the chocolate pie at Gammy's and then me and Trista almost beating him up for it.
4. Gammy's dinner prayers while everyone has already started eating.
5. Stories of what life was like for Grandpa when he was younger.
6. Christmas morning videos and gifts.
7. Watching the Christmas story and whatever other movie or TV show marathon is on.
8. Quoting Elf while in a store before Christmas.
9. Christmas breakfast at Noon.
10. Gammy and Poppa coming to see our Christmas presents, yes we are 23 and 25, but age is a little overrated.
11. Mom and Daddy arguing because "they weren't supposed to get anything for the other one."
12. Mom crying or tearing up because of a gift that Tris and I get her.
13. Dad being a goof (oh wait, that's not just a Christmas tradition, it's year round.)

I'm sure there are more things but I can't think of anymore right now. And of course after Christmas shopping... so excited for that! So to all of you celebrating Christmas and the holidays, I hope that you have a merry one with those you love and drive you crazy! Merry Christmas!
-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment