Saturday, May 3, 2014

You. Know. Me. I. Myself. All of it.

On Thursday, I was sitting at In n Out Burger with Valerie. Valerie is a senior; I had her as an 8th grader. She is about to graduate, is figuring out what to do next, and is passionate. We spent 2.5 hours talking, laughing and telling stories. More than once, I repeated the phrase, "But God knows me well!" Boy, does he. Oh my. How he does. 

And I can't get over it. There's a song I was introduced to over a month ago called "You know me." (The link to the song is at the bottom of this entry.) I have cried and cried and cried multiple times listening to it. 

"And nothing is hidden from your sight.
Wherever I go, you find me.
You know every detail of my life.
You are God and You don't miss a thing."

Nothing. Not a thing.

Sometimes when I'm struggling, like this morning laying on my couch over thinking, God gently reminds me to breathe deep. He sees what's inside my mind. He knows what I need. He knows what I want. He knows every detail of the what, who, how and whys in my life. 

Every. Single. One. 
Every. Single. Time. 

He whispers into the chaos and he talks loud in the quiet. He memorizes me. My thoughts. The color of my eyes. The amount of hairs on my head. The hurts in my heart. The unforgiveness in my head. The calluses on my hands. The bruises on my knees. The bumps on my elbows. The crookedness of my feet. He knows. 

I find a deep comfort in that. To know that I am confiding in One who knows everything already but still wants to talk to me. One who still provides CPR when I can't breathe. One who still hears the pulse of my heart. One who still asks what I'm passionate about. One who opens doors. One who urges kids to talk to me and for me to listen. One who still allows me to be a mom. One who still urges me to stand up for myself. One who still gave me a voice to speak for those who can't. And those who won't. 

That is the One who knows me. Deeply. Tenderly. Compassionately. Mercifully. Beautifully. Graciously. 

He knows you too. What do you still want to tell Him? 

"You memorize me." -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment