Saturday, August 8, 2009

So Today... and Yesterday, Well Sort Of

Today, I have a lot to do. I fly out in about 12 hours to go to the east coast and I have a lot to do but I'm very excited to see my family and hang out with the sister. We're going to see a lot of the sites in DC, including the Holocaust Museum, which I've heard is horrifying but really neat... I'm a litte nervous, but excited, about that. I went to DC when I was in 8th grade and 9th grade so it's been a while! Plus, we didn't get to ride the subway and everything like I'm going to with my family. To add to that-- I've been grossly sick, my throat is just nasty and I'm not even lying. It's simply amazing that I actually still have a voice and it is very hard to believe that I have been back in the states a week already. Last Saturday, I was waiting to leave Dubai and now I have been back here for a week. It has been a good week to be back even though I was not thinking that it would be at all.

This past week, I have been able to hang out with the roomies, they are so crazy. We went to see the Titanic Exhibition. At the beginning of the exhibit, everyone is given a card with a name on it of someone that was actually on the exhibit. Some of them have extra information throughout the tour and others don't. So Katie (who is ridiculously insane if you have not met her) had John Jacob Astor's wife, who was 18 and he was like 48 or something out of control. We're walking through reading biographies and then Katie says very loud, "Hey, that's my husband!" Everyone in the exhibit just stared and then she said, "Not in real life, just here." It was funny... you have to understand that she does things like this all the time, like more than once a day. Last night, we were coming back from Monica's wedding shower and we were listening to the radio and she was making fun of me because I sound awful and I was still trying to sing all the rap songs that I know. Then we decided that it would be hilarious if we rewrote rap songs to make them about school so we spent the rest of the car ride doing that. If we actually do it, I'll post one of the videos to the blog-- be ready for it.

In other news, school officially starts for me a week from Wednesday... I'm so excited to get new kids but will be highly disappointed if they're not as fun as last year. I already know a few of them, but not that many. It should be interesting... a fun combination of very different kids... hair gel, bright colored shoes, sagging jeans, skinny jeans for the girls, and plenty of drama... oh the drama... bring it on... and hopefully plenty of visits from my little precious ones from last year, I miss them a lot!

Soon and very soon, I'll have plenty of exciting stories and funny quotes and I'll let you know all of them! -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment