Saturday, August 22, 2009

Could We Talk About This?

"Could we please talk about this?" is the phrase most often used while I am speaking to refer to something ridiculous that is happening or going on or something that has been said. Or if I am ranting about something like normal, I will end or begin with that statement. So in tradition of every other list I have on this blog but I'll do letters instead of numbers so that I can be a little more diverse but I can't stray from routine.

a. How cold it was today in Las Vegas, okay so it wasn't cold, but it was cold in the Colorado River while overcast and water is squirting in your face and you're wearing a tank top, because you think it's going to be 1 million degrees like normal.

b. Katie and I's "dam" jokes as if they haven't been told a million times before. We just had too much fun with that.

c. How scary it is to live in a house and not an apartment sometimes.

d. How many conversations I have had about boys, marriage, and future in the last week... what in the world am I doing?

e. How many times I have already tried to picture how this year of school is going to be and what the kids will be like. Who am I kidding? There is no way that I am ever going to figure that one out!

f. How much I miss my family in Georgia, and there is a small, slight part of me that thinks that one day I could live there or Cleveland where I went to college. I think I am having what I will call a mid-twenties crisis here. Therapy... I know.

g. How many times I watch Pride and Prejudice per week because it is one of the only movies that I can go to sleep in consistently because I have memorized so much of it. So much that I can hear the music and tell you what is happening without any other lines.

h. Stress of school... I already know that I have so much responsibility and I am looking forward to routine!

And to the ridiculousness of my life--- it is what makes me laugh, question, and wonder how different everything could actually be and thankful that it is the way it is. Happy weekend! -Melis

1 comment:

  1. ok, diverse letter f has to be my favorite!!
    love you and miss you! mom

    ReplyDelete