Thursday, January 24, 2013

If it's You.

What a day. What a day. Says every person who works with another human being at some point. They cause us to have crazy days, don't they?

The best part about them though is that they make for great stories. So grateful that I got to talk sweet Taylor's ear off tonight at dinner for a bit with story after story of these human beings. Before we ate, we were talking about what I'm planning to do next year as far as school and jobs are concerned. I'm thinking of a few different options and still so undecided that its crazy. When our food got to the table, Taylor prayed. She prayed a prayer that many of us have heard a million times and probably even said ourselves, "If this is your will, then you will do it." So easy to say and not always easy to do for me. I'm stubborn, my friends have used the word "relentless" to describe me and I do not at all doubt they are telling the truth.

"If this is your will..."

"If its you..." What a difference it would make every day if I approached each moment with Taylor's words-- "if its your will Jesus..." I'll do it, I'm there, I'll say it... "If its you." And if its not Him, then there should be sounds and alarms going off every which way reminding us of the road we are about to blaze which is just not meant to be.

I want to approach tomorrow with "If its you" and if its not, then I want to change my perspective, attitude, approach and emotions until it is Him. That's it.

Join me! -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment