Monday, January 7, 2013

Chaos and Bliss

Lets talk about today.

Waking up to an alarm clock is awful. Especially when over two weeks vacation, I literally forgot how awful an alarm sounds.

After getting ready, I decided that I would go to Starbucks. Thank you for having 12 drinks over the last month, because today I got a free venti chai. Pure bliss.

Once I got to school, I hid myself in my room until I knew I had to come out. I walked into the blanket of cuss words, hormones and chaos. Oh chaos-- how I have not missed you.

I was ready for my accelerated class-- those who understand sarcasm, pretend I abuse them, and so on. Basically, they're smart enough to be dramatic on a different level. All was well. My other classes were fine. It was just the wah-wah of whining and apathy and staring at those who look like they're mentally asleep, physically awake. I don't miss that. I'm over that. So needless to say, the wicked witch is back- full-throttle. Congratulations to me.

After school, I breathed. I talked to my principal. She is a saint. She asked if I was okay where I proceeded to pour it all out. I told her why these kids stress me out, what makes me crazy. I'm sure that's not what she was really asking but she just genuinely cares about people and I know I can walk away and she has my best interest in my mind. Oh bliss. To be able to trust someone because they have your best interest in mind.

Sometimes I think my world is ruled my chaos when in all reality, it's the chaos that allows me to step back and breathe bliss. Sweet bliss. I don't want chaos all the time, I really don't, unless its overdramatic chaos that I caused (in that case, it good ;) ). I want to be able to trust Jesus in the chaos, knowing He knows me and as I step away in pride, He still has my best interest in mind. He is good and I can trust Him.

I want to-Melissa

1 comment:

  1. As someone who works in higher education, I also had forgotten what an alarm clack sounds like until recently. Welcome back to reality right?

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete