Monday, November 8, 2010

To blog or not to blog...

Let me take you for a little rant... because it's been a while...

I have been so busy that I don't know what to do when I have a few minutes to sit so I do exactly that, sit... and do nothing... sometimes I watch planes out my windows, sometimes I just stare at the wall and think about how not straight my pictures are, I hum a little tune or even talk to myself. It's ridiculous I know. So here's a little update on how things are:

1. TMI Alert... over the last week I have found out Too Much Information about too many of my students, most of it absolutely heartbreaking and I believe that most of it is caused by parents... wow... if they only knew. If you're parent, please ask your child what they are doing outside of school, they are dying (literally) because they think you don't care.

2. MAD Project... apparently it will be about abbreviations here and we'll go from there. MAD is where I'm headed and for more than one reason, I am changing it to mean "Make A Difference" if you get my drift. So we start with my 180 students and we will send our MAD ribbons to Salt Lake Friday and I'm hoping somewhere else in a week or two... if you want in, let me know. I want to start seeing students reach their potential and I think they will begin to do that the more they know that they are breathing and alive everyday to make a difference!

3. Teenagers... if you are reading this and you pray, pray for my students. It is hard and it is hitting that time of year when it is overwhelming to be a teacher. Besides all the stuff that is passed down from districts and admin, there are a lot of things taking place outside of school that is becoming and already has become major issues for these kids. If you have not watched the youtube video "Lost Generation" do it... here's the link....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA

4. Where have I been? Where am I going? I have been living the life in Las Vegas... right? Ummm... okay.... so I've been in Las Vegas since August (which is TOO long for me in this ridiculous city) and I'm going to Salt Lake this weekend... my heart is thrilled, and I get to teach 9th graders (pumped about that too) about community service, Africa, you know all the things that get me so fired up constantly. AND I'm going back to Georgia in about a month... it's about dang time... I really miss my family.

5. Birthdays-- mine is in 18 days... yeah I turn 26 this year and I seem the same and different all at the same time. Good luck getting older to all of you (myself included).

6. Last thing... if God has shown me anything over the past month, the past week, the past 24 hours-- it is that I am exactly where He wants me to be. EXACTLY. It has been confirmed in people around me and it has all come because of my obedience and believe me, that obedience would NOT have come without the grace and faithfulness of God. He is so good and I couldn't be more grateful at this moment for the moments and hours and days I've had with him lately.

May you walk in grace and peace and your faithfulness to Him as He is faithful to continue to give us direction, let us love people, and even be loved ourselves.

Great is thy faithfulness, Melissa

P.S. Sorry that you missed my Gospel church version of this song last night in my apartment... I'll open it up for visitors soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment