Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The deafening of insignificance.

There is something in all of us that says, "You are important! You are unique!" 
 
There is something inside of me (and many of you) that counteracts that with, "When will you be done with this? Why do you think anyone should ever listen to you? When do you think you'll be counted as significant? Do you really matter?"

In a world that is screaming, we are often found screaming as well, rather than stopping to listen or care or show kindness or be compassionate. I spend so much time focused on why people aren't listening to me that I too have stopped listening. Isn't it interesting the way that works?

In my begging to be made significant, I make others feel insignificant. If that is not selfish, I really don't know what is. 

I shut people out of my life because I am fearful to ask questions or be honest or just listen sometimes. I shut people out of my life before they have a chance to shut me out of theirs. Before I have the chance to be hurt, I hurt others. That is the making if insignificant people everywhere-- is it not?

I'm on a quest to make others feel significant. To let them know they matter. To let them know they, too, make a difference. 

This is something I'm willing to share so much that others will be deafened and have no choice but to be done or join in. 

Hoping you join me. Start now.

Tell someone in your life why they matter to you and deafen them with encouragement, honest talk and sweet significance. It will change your world. 

#bringiton2014
-M




1 comment:

  1. Hello Melissa. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog 'Finding Myself Restored" and the post on it "Deafening of insignificance". I am blessed to come across your profile and blog post. I am also glad to know your interest in Missions. Your post on above topic is worth reading and self examining. It impresses very much when you say that you are on a quest to make others significant. I also like your challenge to the readers of your blog "Tell some one in your life why they why they matter to you and deafen them with encouragement, honest talk and sweet significance. It will change your world". How true it is. Well having commented on your blog post let me share with you a project we have where by we encourage young people like you to come to Mumbai, INDIA on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai among poorest of poor to share with them the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope, life and purpose. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. Since you have your interest in missions we would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your summer vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete