Wednesday, August 14, 2013

When my crazy meets my quiet time...

I have debated on whether to share this but I just feel that I have to for the sake of funny things. 

I read Psalm 55 last week multiple times because God used so much of it to speak clearly to me. Sunday morning, I was getting ready and sat down to read my Bible. I turned the page to Psalm 56. While this was supposed to be a very serious time, I was not very serious. I read the first part of verse 1 and could not stop laughing. Like the time my sister, best friend and I attempted to sing a song at church and started laughing. We tried singing the song around 3 times to a dead end. We were kind of mortified but could not really think because laughter had taken over. In front of my parents, family, and fellow church members. 

Like I could not stop laughing, so I tried to read the rest of the chapter, and it did not work. Now keep in mind, this was/is taken totally out of context but I think sometimes God enjoys laughing with how ridiculous we are. You're dying to know what I read I'm sure... So here goes... "Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me." Just read it one more time and then join me for some heartfelt laughter at the verse out of context, out of my own context, and, yeah, let's not go there with this. 

Maybe it was nervous laughter at the fact that I haven't been on a date in I don't know how long and I've just began to write down things I want to say to the man I marry again after several months of bitter silence. Regardless of the fact that David is actually talking about being pursued to be killed in the verse, I read it so differently with such a different pair of eyes that God used it to remind me how much He's in control. He made me laugh and He's got this! I hope you can at least laugh for a minute without thinking of how crazy I am. Happy week before school starts for me! -Melissa 

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment