Monday, August 26, 2013

So now I'll brag.

We have night school at our school. Like someone walks in around 2:45 and I walk out. That stresses me out because it means I have to use my time well ALL day long. I can't waste a second. Ill adjust. Also the teacher wanted me to move things, which really irritated me, but you know what. What the heck ever to that. I'll rearrange and rethink, even if I have already complained that it was ridiculous. Enough of the rampage and let me get to the bragging point(s).

1. Kids were happy to be at school. Like when they picked an emotion about school, excitement was the most common. They were not just saying that because of the social part- they are really excited to be at school.
2. Kids actually want to learn how to pronounce my last name- you have no idea what a feat that is! One of my boys tried about 25 times this morning.
3. My biggest class is 17. Those of you who are not in the classroom could care less about this. My smallest class last night was easily twice that size.
4. My class of 17 is 15 boys and 2 girls. All seniors. However, if I would have recorded the laughing only, you would have thought I am actually teaching 6th grade girls. They laughed so much. I loved it. 
5. My last class period was such a great way to end the day. I told all the seniors about how nervous I would get when my senior year when I had to speak in front of people after I had them all do the same. They were so great and willingly participated. I told them about how anxious I felt and how much I would shake when I had to share a book report. Later on, I asked if they were hot, like was the classroom hot. One of the boys asked, "are you nervous?" It let me know he actually listened to my stories! It's the little things people. 
6. In other news, I had friends to sit with and my computer at least let me log in. 

I'm really excited for the year and the way God is going to use it for His glory! I'm also going to ask you to pray big- my kids have some huge obstacles that could prevent them from graduating. I want more for them. I feel like I can make a difference that lasts and I'm so grateful!

Hope you enjoyed a great Monday!! 
Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment