Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trade

Today, Vance spoke about a life from old to new. Tonight, Scott talked about being convinced and assured of the faith we have in Christ.

It was a long day. It has been a long week and it was a long weekend. It just happens. It's life. Not always easy, not always happy. Then I find myself slipping into a place in my life where I want to sleep all the time. I want to just watch TV, go to and from my job and do nothing but the bare minimum. I don't want anyone to think there's anything wrong with me but at the same time, I do want someone to care. I sat in bed tonight and began reading 1 John 4. I'm speaking on this in a month and what's going on in me is exactly what I'm speaking on. I was thinking of how I lack being convinced sometimes and how often I walk in the old. I made a lengthy list of what "I am no longer..." That list became this... My trade.

I'll trade my slavery for Your freedom.
I'll trade my depression for Your Joy and my loneliness for the promise You'll never leave.
I'll trade my singleness for the wait and unworthiness to Your Worth.
I'll trade my high standards for Your perfection and my abandonment for Your constant Presence.
I'll trade my lack of love and unloved moments for Your vast Love for me.
I'll trade my unwanted life to be Your Chosen Treasure.
I'll trade my lack of being good enough for the fact that You are ALWAYS good.
I'll trade my regrets for Your desires.
I'll trade the times I feel stupid to moments of humility.
I'll trade my ugliness for Your beauty and my weakness for Your strength.
I'll trade my inconsistency to hold on to Your Anchor.
I'll trade my old for new, my lack of love to loving You.

May you be encouraged. We must reframe to walk in Him. We are not who we were when He rescued us and my life does not reflect the pit. It reflects the rescue and the redemption of a girl who desperately needed it.

Ben sang tonight: "And on and on and on and it goes, for it overwhelms and satisfies my soul. I never ever have to be afraid, this one thing remains. Your Love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me."

I am convinced He is good and He has changed me from old to new out of His incredible love. I don't deserve it but I'll trade my mess for His life in me. -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment