Friday, December 14, 2012

God's not allowed in schools?

I cannot comprehend the tragedy of today. I cannot comprehend evil at such a capacity and I cannot begin to imagine the overwhelming grief that more than 20 families are feeling tonight... The sleep they are losing... The questions they are asking... The things they don't understand. I really don't understand why God allows these things to happen but here is what I do know.

God is in schools. Just because sanctioned prayers left doesn't mean He did or has. Just because people don't say "under God" in the pledge doesn't mean He leaves the premises. It's a good thing we don't decide or control where He goes or when He does things or we would have messed up everything. So it's ironic/funny that Christians are the first ones to say how bad it's gotten because there's not public prayer in schools. I believe prayer is important and I believe we are a nation under God. I do not believe God is limited to our standards or our means of doing things.

He was at my school all day today wondering the halls, teaching geography, sharing life lessons, saying hello to students. He was teaching us history to 7th graders and making kids laugh. He was teaching girls PE and collecting letters for a little boy in Texas. He walked to the office and talked to lots of people and interacted with lots of little troublemakers. By God's grace, I live through Him and in Him and therefore the only way I did anything today was because of Him and therefore, how can you say He's not allowed in schools?! And really if that is the case, we should put our foot down against work places and restaurants and governments who do not recite public prayers and read Scripture at the beginning of their meetings. We should stop buying from retailers that do not put God bless you on their receipts. I don't think those things are bad but I think we've put God in a box where He abides by our rules and mandates. He doesn't nor will He ever. So please think the next time that you think God is not allowed somewhere, you yourself a Christian go there and realize otherwise.

Controversial I know, but isn't grace? -M

No comments:

Post a Comment