Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Overview

Just thought I would give you a quick update of my dramatic life over the last couple of days. We have been testing... yuck and I am so glad that we have a couple of days of it off because it is a long time to not talk or move or breathe loud or anything... it's odd and annoying, never thought I would say that but after a while I just can't really take it. So my students have been wild because they are not seeing all their normal teachers and that somehow causes like a weird disfunction or something. They have been kinda freaking out and it makes me freak out. I had a student yesterday tell me how racist everyone at my school is and this only lead up to a racist comment that he made himself. One student basically cussed out a teacher in so few words and we keep getting students from behavior school that are just ridiculous. Drama, drama, drama. In the midst of the chaos, a few things have been calm like me when no one else is in the room and I have been able to dance and talk to myself and sing and act like a crazy lunatic while no one else knows (well until you read this that is). That is probably the only thing that is keeping me sane. Then yesterday, one of my girls told me I should be a counselor and I was like well I already am. I just didn't realize that when I became a teacher it entailed so many other jobs... these are the ones I have taken over within the last month (or has been suggested)... counselor, mom, aunt, best friend, sister, mom again, school nurse, and today even grandma (the other kids told this suggester she was disrespectful). And overall, I'm thankful that at this point of a whole 3 years in teaching, or almost, that my kids will look at a new student and say, "You don't treat Ms. G like that." They've got my back... sometimes I feel miraculously but they do and I am so thankful. So P telling me I should be a counselor is a good thing I think in the midst of chaos and psycho behaviors, I must be doing something right even if this post makes absolutely no sense. If you talk to me on a regular basis, it probably does. And if you don't, maybe you should talk to me more so you would understand my multiple mood/personality in moments ordeal, and if after reading this, you would submit papers that I should be placed somewhere else, I would also completely understand (even though I would be angry for a few minutes). So that's that and as DJ Franny says, "It is what it is." What can we do? Praying for a fairy tale soon so I have something halfway normal in my life (right? because fairy tales are normal?).... love you all. Thanks for sticking out my crazy life with me.
-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment