Friday, September 11, 2009

My Hobos

Today was weird. All my classes went well, except 7th and it wasn't even my kids until someone else came in and then part of it ended up being that someone else and them. So we had a little talking to about that. Surprisingly, my other classes were good and they were patriotic and wore red, white, and blue and so on. It was fun. They got really into talking about September 11th and what happened and they are so interested in stories so it was good. Mostly everyone was respectful and I was so glad. So at the end of 7th period, I was okay, but still not in a great, great mood but okay. When the day ended, I saw some of the boys I had last year standing down at the end of the hallway knocking on the door so I went to talk to them and then I walked to the front to go talk to them about something that a couple of them are going to do for my kids next month to encourage them to go to magnet school. While I am talking to them, I hear someone say something about a hobo and I turn around to see a face that looks very familiar but not quite sure, and then I realized it was Kevin! Kevin was one of my students my first year of teaching here in Vegas and I loved him to death. He made me laugh all the time, and he would help me do all sorts of things in class. He stayed after school for a while to help me on stuff and so that he would stay out of trouble. He also brought along another student I had, Julio. Julio is so hilarious and I had him my first year as well. They were pretty good friends then too and since I had them both, I knew them pretty well. They were definitely two of my favorite kids. They just always made me laugh. They're my hobos because one day Kevin was running to class up the hall and I yelled, "Hurry up slow pokes!" They thought I called them hobos so I became their hobo teacher and they were my hobo boys so Kevin also made a box for the "Hobo Fund" and it was just an ongoing joke. So needless to say, I had not seen either of them in a year and a half and they've both grown up quite a bit! They are taller than I am and their innocent baby faces are gone but they seem to be doing well in high school and I am so glad! So it has pretty much made my day! Just thought I would share! Oh and I don't think they're getting in as much trouble anymore and I am so glad! -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment