Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Genocide

As most of you know, genocide is something that I am extremely passionate about and extremely interested in. I visited the Holocaust Museum this summer with my family in D.C. and got so into it. I was told a few weeks ago while talking about it that it was the most passionate another person has really ever seen me be about something. I am planning on going to a training in October on genocide in relation to the Holocaust so I was looking through their resources. The link below is one of the things I found. It has stories of those who have survived the Holocaust, the genocide in Bosnia, the genocide in Sudan and Rwanda, and then officers and UN workers during those times. If it's something you're interested, read some of their stories and see their faces. It will change the way you think about genocide. As always, be the catalyst for change, not just the person that wishes something were different-- Do something! -Melis

http://www.ushmm.org/genocide/take_action/gallery/portraits
Click on their pictures and it will show short video stories and pictures of the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment