Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Almost--

Since time was short on my last blog, I thought I would just give some things I've seen and experienced since I've been in Africa. We are in Pretoria now and will be here until Thursday night and then I'll be in India for a week and then back to the states, not permanently Las Vegas, but close enough...

1. Yesterday, we were getting ready to drive back to Pretoria but the car broke down the day before, so we flew back, you have no idea what a blessing that was... 2 hours in comparison to 12 at least in a car... thank you, thank you.
2. The dancing continued throughout our time in the villages, the "muzungu's" (a Bemba word for foreigner) showed out to say the least and we had quite a few friends because of that.
3. Rap music and Cecilia and Franny--- I miss you dearly... can't wait for 97.5.
4. I have had some good food since we've been back to civilization-- chocolate, chicken, pizza. Jason's Deli and plenty of ice cream- come quickly.
5. I don't think that I've worn the same shirt so many times within weeks, I can't wait for my closet.
6. Sleep, sleep, sleep... need more but got some.
7. The Bachelorette-- who proposed seriously?
8. Alicia learned a new way to pedicure... rocks... back to the cave days I'm telling you...

Other things that I just am thinking of currently-
-Dream, you better still have a job.
-Ice cream Sundaes-- please girls.
-Engagements in the Geography department-- this could be the year!

The End-- See you soon or talk to you very soon! Love you all! -Melis

2 comments:

  1. What an adventure! I can't wait to hear all of the details. I can only imagine all of the amazing people, epecially the kids, that you have met throughout your journey. I am sure that you have touched and inspired all who have been lucky enough to be ministered by you. Have a safe trip home and I will see you soon! God Bless
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! You've dona ALL THAT, and you still managed to think about ice cream sundaes! Haha; can't wait until you come back! We will all be ready and willing to hear about EVERYTHING! ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS!!!!-Keisha C.

    ReplyDelete