Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quick Thoughts on Mom's

Thought I would write a quick tribute to Mom's today because it is my mom's birthday! Although I'm not in the states at the moment, I have thought a lot this past week about how important Mom's everywhere really are! Maybe this is because I had the chance to exercise my ability (?) to be a mom this past weekend with the girls while their parents were out of town. I know that they have an incredibly loving mom and I can't imagine ever trying to fill her shoes!

My Mom has meant a lot to over the past few years moreso maybe because I realized just how big of a responsibility she has had. She truly has been a person who prays for me daily, wonders how I am and wants my best. I know that I can call and complain to her and gripe for an hour straight and she will still see what my best interest is in the situation. She is quick to remind me that things are for a greater purpose and that I'm not always the center of that! She is probably my biggest cheerleader and my number one go to (here on Earth obviously ;) ). I'm on another continent and am so thankful that back at my home and in the place where I grew up that there is a lady, my Mom, who is pursuing Jesus for me, her daughter, and praying for my best and wanting my best in the future, today, and always.

I hope that you have a Mom and a set of people behind you who encourage you today!
Happy Birthday Mom! Love you lots! -Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa,
    Makes me thankful for my mom. Just got to spend 4 days with her in NC. What a picture of God's love for us...
    Rust your week is blessed.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet and I am so thankful for you! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete