Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More in us...

A few weeks ago when Chandler returned from Thailand, she wrote a devotion for our girls event in November. She wrote about the insecurities she has in the US as compared to Thailand and how they end up being so similar. Insecurity creeps in everywhere. We are not out of it because we are serving Jesus or because we are doing the "right thing." 

I'm sitting in my bunk this morning and not at the school because I feel gross. I have a cold and felt like I had a fever when I woke up. The girls were off down the base while I just laid here. Waiting and praying to just fall back to sleep. I finally did for a couple of hours and it helped. I'm waiting even now to go back to sleep for a bit. I want to shake this cold so I can go to the school too. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in being here at the Lake. I think that one day of rest will help immensely so I'm resting up today to get ready to love all these sweet kids tomorrow and encourage the teachers who are working daily with these kids and fighting their battles with them. 

I keep thinking of my own kids at school. The ones I miss so dearly--- I pray for them all the time. I'm anxious to see what they do over the next year and which ones will stay around for a bit. And as I was praying for one who has a pretty important meeting today, I realized how much more we see in others than we see in ourselves. How much potential I see in the kids I get to have each day. 

And then I realized something give--- God sees so much more in me than I see in myself. I see sick and in the bed. He sees important time to pray for the work here and resting up to prepare for the next few weeks so that He can use me in ways I still can't imagine. He sees me for who I am, knows me best and still sees the very best potential in me. May I walk in the name and story that He has given me more than anything else. 

Praying you see what El Roi, the God who sees me, shows you what He sees in you too. And may it overwhelm you as it does me.

Love- Melis


No comments:

Post a Comment