Wednesday, September 4, 2013

You. Are. Mine.

I have struggled with insecurity today. 
I have fought with the enemy.  
He won a few small battles but that's it. 
I have been anxious and have cried.
I have confessed and have been honest. 
I have been alert and have been watchful.
I have stepped back in humiliation for God to tell me how in humility He served me.
I have set my eyes on Jesus while the enemy has fought to remove my sight.
I have shaken the hand of my adversary and God has fought him in a war that only He wins. 
I have held my shield of faith against me while I waged one-on-one with my sword of Truth.
I have prayed out loud and have also reminded the enemy how weak He actually is.
He has told me I am not to be trusted,
But my God speaks that I am trustworthy.
The enemy has confronted me with how weak I am and My God's strength finished the sentence. 
The enemy has said I am inadequate and God has reminded me how fearfully and wonderfully I have been made. 
The enemy has reminded me of how unworthy I am to have a job I love and God sweetly spoke to me of how deep a call He has placed in me.
I have called a friend and they said everything will be fine.
I asked Jesus and He said when I wander, He will search and find me. 
In my worry and anxiety and fear, I give the enemy steps to gain.
In my declaration of God's glory and my good over everything in my life, I have given supreme authority to the creator of all things and I have given Him the full range of the battlefield. 
Make no mistake, the enemy is not set back by my own misgivings and imperfections. He thrives there.

And yet, as I sat worried and a little shaken by how hard the enemy has fought today. God yelled over all my shortcomings and faults and worries and stresses and He said something that finished the war completely...
"You. Are. Mine." 

Those three words were enough to silence the enemy. 
He cannot wage war any longer. 
It has been won. Jesus is victorious. 
He takes the battleground singlehandedly  and carries His trophy across the field. 
From the pit I jumped in.
From the roads and hills I wandered.
From the deep place of isolation.

He kept me. I am His. 

Or as He speaks softly close enough that only I can hear, 
"You. Are. Mine."

I pray those words speak life and that only. May the enemy be silenced in Jesus's name. 
 -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment