Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Just you and me.

Tonight at the last service of Exposure, Scott said to imagine that it was just you and Jesus. Would you be able to live with nothing else?? Ugh.

Would I?? Would I really?? I've thought several times over the last few weeks about how often I believe that I require other things-- material things, relationships, and daily needs to an over dramatized level. No need for that. For any of that. In college, particularly at summer camps, we sang a song:

"It's just you and me here now.
Only you and me here now.
If you could see the view,
when its only you."

I would close my eyes and it was as if I had been removed from the crowds of people and entered a room where only Jesus and I existed on the same page, I knew what He was doing and He was in control. I trusted Him. In those silent moments, I trusted Him. The problem was the walking away from those moments in which I became wrapped up in reality, the real in life and the black and white.

Tonight as I stood and worshipped and was super excited about all that Jesus was saying, I realized that my life has to be full of moments where it's just me and Him. If I can't be confident in those moments, I can't follow completely. I can't love Him with my life if I don't trust Him. I want to trust Him-- my ongoing battle.

I give it up. One of my favorite lines ever is from a movie that I cannot even name "I gave it all up. I just want you." That's it. I give it up Jesus. I trust you- it's yours.

All of me completely- Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment