Sunday, June 10, 2012

Insignificant

It's been a great last week for me with the end of school, saying goodbye to some teary-eyed upcoming freshmen and completing the first unit and week of my Master's program. It's been chaotic too... that's a lot going on! I had some really up and down emotional moments (I know that's part of life, but it's just not always fun) that continued on in to the weekend. Here are some thoughts that will maybe give you some insight....

1. I am a teacher. I am not a teacher who gets paid more, holds an administrative position, gets paid for working extra hours... I work my tail off to get anything extra and my work ethic has for some reason made others think I have a different job. I checked out with everyone else and am treated the same way by my bosses, sometimes really well, sometimes I feel like yuck. I am doing what I was called to.
2. I fully realize that I am single while the rest of the world (literally) is getting engaged, married, and having kids, I am not. I sometimes feel so far away from it that I don't know what to do with myself. I am fully convinced that when the time is right, God will send me a man that will pursue me like He does. I refuse to settle for anything less. (I know some of you think I need to just "go out there and grab someone before they're all taken" but you have honestly lost your mind. I am NOT THAT GIRL.)
3. This morning at Hope, Pastor Vance talked about different kinds of people. There are Pauls who have crazy conversion stories, was the highest of the highs, had all the right people in the right places. There are Timothy's who are often found in the "ands." They are just normal everyday people and then there are the even more normal people, otherwise known as the "saints." They are walking with Jesus day by day but maybe do not have the same platform as the others, BUT they do have a platform. It just looks different.

All of that to say that sometimes being an everyday person on the verge of normal and feeling a bit alone leaves me feeling insignificant. Satan lies and tells me I deserve the position I have because I am so crazy messed up. He lies about so many conversations, friendships, daily routines, and other things that I just throw myself at mercy's feet and beg God to intercede. I really need God to make me significant. Even then, it is He in me that makes anything that I say or do significant. It is not Melissa. It is Him. I know that so many of you reading this are just ordinary, plain people like myself. Don't let Satan lie to you too and tell you it makes you insignificant. You were created with a purpose that is different than everyone else's and you were meant to carry out that purpose. It may not always feel or look great but it is yours.

You are in Him significant... You have purpose, now go and fight for it! I'm joining you! -Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment