Friday, January 13, 2012

Good You. Grateful Me.

Jesus is beyond so good to me so I just wanted to share a few stories from the past month where He demonstrated His love to me.

1. The week before Halloween, we had a Spirit Week at school. Of course, that means I get to dress up.... so I decided to be a ballerina. I watched a tutorial online to make my tutu and was ecstatic about this cute thing. (Not that I'm overdramatic or anything.) I made the tutu and the night before I was supposed to wear it, I decided it looked funny long. After I cut the length, I realized that it looked funny short, then I realized it looked like it needed more. This was at 9:00 pm. Of course, all craft stores close at 9 and I just hoped that Wal-Mart's fabric section was still open. Called them, they were. Walked into Wal-Mart at 9:30 and had to wait a few minutes, got to tell the lady cutting fabric I would pray for her entire family. That was cool. As I was walking out, there was a homeless man outside (there are never homeless people outside this specific Wal-Mart). He asked for some money, I just took him back inside and bought him some McDonald's. He had the brightest blue eyes and I was overwhelmed with the thought of feeding Jesus... his eyes seriously shown. He was so grateful and it was a night changer for me. I think that God opened up the eyes of the sweet Wal-Mart employee sitting eating in the McDonalds as well. How good He is to us... all because of my tutu trouble.

2. A few weeks before that, I was out with some students feeding the homeless. We walked down toward the freeway where many of them stay and sleep. My students had never seen that before. Diana, one of my sweet girls, looked at me and said, "That's a life changer." You're right Diana... it is, gives me chills as I write this.

3. I was at school this past week and have really been convicted that I need to pray for my school more than I do and pray specifically for students who have reached out to me. I think I lost it last year and I really lost my connection with a lot of my kids. I feel like I have a much better connection with my students this year and am grateful because it is all Jesus. As soon as I was convicted about this, the next day was horrendously awful. However, the next day was incredible and the day after that, even more so, and after that, (it seemed unlikely) even better. Yesterday, Jesse, a student I had 2 years ago, came by and was telling me about God continuing to change his life. (So proud of these kids who have really surrendered their lives to serving Jesus!) It was so motivating for me and he has committed to pray for my students, along with David a student I had the same year in the same class who gave his life to Jesus fully last year. How good Jesus is that they would share that with me.

I love the people that Jesus places in my life and the goodness that He gives me daily. He doesn't have to do it and He chooses to. He is good and I'm so grateful.

He is a love like no other... Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment