Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Purpose...

Today was also a great day... I know what you're thinking... "Yeah, it must have been for you to blog 2 days in a row!" Last day of kids... stress case about cleaning... completed grades... several initials on my checkoff list... got some sweet notes... and ended the school day by coming home to work on some stuff for Africa and church this weekend. However, one of my sweet moments today came when I met a parent of a student I have had for part of the semester this year. I have talked to his mom on the phone but not his dad. So he's a talkative kid, overall good at conversation and knows how to treat people... and overall, excellent for me in the class. He had a few things happen and needless to say, he had to take a step back for a while... which is totally okay. After meeting his mom, I met his dad, very upright, extremely polite and very respectable. He reached his hand out to shake mine and as I introduced myself, he looked at me with a smile, and said, "My son speaks very highly of you." ::chills:: How incredible, to be respected and spoken of highly... now that reminds me to live on purpose. I MUST live on purpose. I must remember that I have the chance to influence and change people and he didn't just happen to be one of them, he was one of them that I was meant to influence. May he, as you, walk in potential to see who you really are and then be excited about living in passion and on purpose...
-Melis

No comments:

Post a Comment